News & Events
Dairy Plant Food Safety Workshop
February 12 & 13, 2019
Embassy Suites Hotel, Kansas City, MO--Int'l Airport
About the Course
This two-day workshop is designed to help dairy processing facilities improve pathogen control practices through sanitation, sanitary design, and pathogen environmental monitoring (PEM). It teaches "HOW" to implement best practices that address the "WHAT" of FSMA requirements.
Lectures and hands-on exercises cover topics around pathogen microbiology, pathogen control, sanitary design, corrective actions, food safety case studies, and more.
Small group exercises will allow students to practice swabbing and vectoring techniques, clean and evaluate equipment, create SSOPs, and develop environmental monitoring plans.
Who Should Attend
- Any employee who is involved with pathogen control programs, regardless of titles or current roles.
- Plant managers, production supervisors, sanitation, engineering and maintenance personnel.
- Employees at all levels of corporate/plant quality.
- April 3 & 4, 2019 (Seattle, WA)
- May 21 & 22, 2019 (Baraboo, WI)
- October 22 & 23, 2019 (Wilbraham, MA)
Artisan Dairy Food Safety Plan Coaching Workshop
March 21 & 22, 2019
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, Chaska, MN
About the Course
This two-day course is designed for artisan cheese and dairy food producers who are preparing to create or are already developing a Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliant, preventive control (PC)-based food safety plan for their facility.
Lead trainers in Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQI) will review your Plan and guide you through each step. The course covers lectures on key food safety plans, small group writing activities, and coaching lessons from lead trainers.
- Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA)
- PCQI certification course (or similar program)
- Food Safety for Artisan Farmstead Cheesemakers.
Note: This workshop does not provide PCQI certification.
- February 25 & 26, 2019 (Harvest NY/Cornell University, Plattsburgh, NY)